BiglyBT

Discussions about significant and insignificant file sharing apps out there
lgillis

BiglyBT

Post by lgillis »

Description-en: BiglyBT is a feature filled, open source, ad-free, BitTorrent client used to transfer files via the BitTorrent protocol. BiglyBT is the continuation of the Vuze/Azureus project first created in 2003, and is being actively developed by the original coders.

Homepage: https://www.biglybt.com
cumlord

Re: BiglyBT

Post by cumlord »

it's a solid client that gives a lot of control and options and atm works much better with i2p than qbittorrent but hopefully this will change soon

biggest gripe with it is its a resource hog
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

The better comparison, in my opinion, would be a program that runs under I2P, such as I2PSnark. But you are right about the resource consumption, it is a fat chunk and treats itself to 60 MB more RAM than Emacs. This puts it in second place in memory consumption among Internet tools, right between Firefox and QuiteRSS.

Without GUI is also possible:

Code: Select all

biglybt --ui=console
or even better in combination with Tmux and behind bars:

Code: Select all

bind-key C-t  new-window -n "bbt"   -t 13 "firejail biglybt --ui=console"
cumlord

Post by cumlord »

yes, i do feel like the sam bridge in qbittorrent for i2p needs some work or optimization or something, it seems comparatively slow for now. I think you can push speeds a bit more with biglybt compared to snark but maybe that's in part because it's free to use a lot of resources lol

i'll have to mess around with those commands later to see if that helps, thank you! long time qbittorrent user but i'm changing my tune, just really need to put some limits around it. Also was not aware until now it could be ran headless
caracho

Post by caracho »

I had 512kb/s down with biglybt where i2psnark has 128-200kb/s from the same source.