Postman: more languages

Bittorrent Trackers on I2P
AacEC

Postman: more languages

Post by AacEC »

On the website tracker2.postman.i2p, when doing a search, I see a list of languages to select.
I want to upload Polish content, and I want it to be searchable.

Is it possible to add Polish into the list?
Is it possible to just pass any language code, like PL or POL for search?

As I see in query string parameters, "lang" is a digit code, which is probably hardcoded somewhere in Postman sources.
discussuser

Re: Postman: more languages

Post by discussuser »

Hello

The answers:
1. can be done
2. if there is "PL" noted on any property, it could be searched and found.
But property fields are NOT for languages.
AacEC

Post by AacEC »

Should I do something to force this process of adding Polish into the list?
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

To add a language, the operator of the tracker must be contacted directly, because the tracker is his personal property. In the case of PaT, anyone can submit their requests and suggestions through a so-called ticket system. Here is the link:
- http://tracker2.postman.i2p/?view=TicketMgr

On the other hand, we also have a file sharing tool called MuWire. MuWire works similar to BiTTorrent under the hood, but has significant advantages over tracker-bound torrents in this network. Among other things, it offers a search function that can be used to search for media of all kinds in the desired language. The media itself can be given the appropriate title or, much better, an additional description. If, for example, "Language: Polish" is now entered as a keyword in this description, it is easy to search for it. These descriptions can have a size of up to 30 KB, so there is enough space for a meaningful summary and the additional keywords.